ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Darren Davison <dar...@davisononline.org>
Subject clustered cache on Tomcat - can't shutdown
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:36:31 GMT
hi,

does anyone have experience of running a clustered iBATIS cache on
Tomcat using oscache and jgroups?  It works fine for me, with flush()
calls being replicated around the cluster, but when any Tomcat instance
is shutdown, it (Tomcat) just hangs.

 From searching around, I believe this may be because the oscache's
GeneralCacheAdministrator instance never has its destroy() method
called.  It's this method that eventually leads to the listeners being
finalized.  A proposed solution is to obtain the reference to this
instance and call destroy in a ServletContextListener.contextDestroyed()
method.  Problem here of course is that there's no way to obtain the
reference to it from iBATIS' OSCacheController and the controller never
calls this method itself.

Any recommendations on how to approach this?

Cheers!

--
Darren Davison
Public Key: 0xE855B3EA