ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] iBATIS 2.3.3 ... Beta is the new Production
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:27:41 GMT
Absolutely.  The only reason that version 2.x has been so quiet lately is
that I've been focused on version 3.0.  Initially I didn't think a
compatibility kit would be possible, but it's looking more and more like it
will be.  I'm nearly finished it to a point where I can make a release of an
iBATIS 3.0 Alpha with 2.x compatibility.  There are a few features
intentionally left out of 3.0 though, including nullValue substitution,
direct XML mappings and of course the existing deprecated stuff like
PaginatedList etc.

That said, 2.3.3 is a really big release, and I probably should have called
it 2.4.  But live and learn... It's not like the mistake hasn't been made
before (Windows 3.1 ... ;-)

iBATIS has been around for 6 years, and we're the only framework of our
kind.  So we're not going anywhere.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-07-2008/jw-07-orm-comparison.html

Cheers,
Clinton