ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Kenan Azam" <azam.ke...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Struts with Spring DAO's in IBATIS
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:52:24 GMT
Hi there,
We have an application where we are using Struts as our web framework and
IBATIS in the data layer. We upgraded to the new version of ibatis which
required to upgrade the DAO's to Spring DAO's.

To use the Spring DAO's we started to use spring with struts. The only
purpose of Spring was to inject the dao's into the service classes and into
my Struts Action. However , this approach ties my Struts framework with
Spring. Because, the beans.xml file tries to see Struts Action classes as
Beans to do its injection.

<action-mappings>

        <action
                path="/employeeSetUp"
                name="employeeForm"
                type="org.springframework.web.struts.DelegatingActionProxy"

This approach however, ties Ibatis to Spring and forces us to use Spring in
our web layer as well.

Can I use Spring DAO's without doing dependency injection?
Has anyone used Ibatis Spring DAO's in Struts without making Struts aware of
the existence of Spring. Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks.