ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher Lamey <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject Re: Check if query exists before executing
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:23:46 GMT
You could look at the database metadata through the Connection:

    sqlMapClient.getCurrentConnection().getMetaData().getDatabaseXXX()

And then use that to call either the Oracle or generic sql.

I personally wouldn't go that route because Oracle might change their
metadata so it'd break your code.

I'd probably go with some kind of application config that's defined along
with the DataSource (JNDI, Spring, properties file, whatever):

database.vendor=Oracle

And then specifically look for that in my code.