ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From averm <tdhaayushve...@gmail.com>
Subject data model mapping to java
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 06:32:30 GMT

Need help in mappning my data model into java classes;

Here are some of the details:

Table, Poll:
PollID int
PollName varchar
BusinessUnit varchar
DisplaySchemeID int // reference to DisplayScheme table.

Table, DisplayScheme
DisplaySchemeID
DisplaySchemeName
etc

Table, URL
UrlID
UrlName
UrlDesc

Table, PollURL
PollURLID
PollID
UrlID
PublishDate
etc

Table, Tag
TagID
TagName
PollID

So, a POLL is associate with a DisplayScheme.
A Poll can have many URLs and a URL can be associate with many Polls ,
mapped in the PollURL table.
and same is the situation with tags.

Essentially I want to learn how to do one to many mappning and many to many
mapping.

Also to add, since I plan to use Ibatis for OR mapping.
So I should a Parameter call to map for creaint a Poll. And to create a poll
the form submitted will have:
- PollName
- URLs ( multiple )
- one display scheme.
- Tags ( many )

So if you can show how to write a DAO createPoll method, then it would be
great.
Not sure if am asking a lot, but this would be a great example to move
forward.