ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From jlaur <jason.laurice...@pepsi.com>
Subject Help with what "commitRequired=true" param means
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:26:44 GMT

Hi,

We are using Ibatis vs 2.2.0, and are going thru the process of updating
our db to Oracle 10g.  We are noticing behavior (after the upgrade) in
our test env where our ibatis transactions do not commit.  Through some
research on the internet, we discovered that we were not providing the
"commitRequired=true" param to the transaction manager config found in
the sql-map-config.xml file.  When we did provide this param setting,
the transactions handled by ibatis would then commit.

<transactionManager type="JDBC" commitRequired="true" >
<!--Oracle DataSource  -->
<dataSource type="JNDI" >
<property name="DataSource" value="${urlOracle}"/>
<property name="Driver.SetBigStringTryClob" value="true" />
</dataSource>
</transactionManager>

My question is :
What exactly does this param signify, and were we correct in its
application for the problem described above ?

Thanks greatly for your help,

Regards,

Jason.