ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance issue when using Glassfish
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:33:16 GMT
Couple of things here....

1) I belive the ResultSet line is printed after all of the results are
finished being read.  Even if that's not the case line-for-line with iBATIS,
it's possible the driver is actually prefetching a group of records upon the
first access of he result set.

2) Using iBATIS logging for performance benchmarking is a bad idea.  iBATIS
logging is very resource intensive and is only intended for debugging.  It
should be shut off in production and during performance testing.

I recommend a proper profiling tool that will let you introspect deeper into
your application.  I belive there are free profilers for both Eclipse and
NetBeans.

Clinton