ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inserting lists
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 12:11:43 GMT
It is a trivial matter to write these methods yourself - you could
even write a utility method one time and be done with it:

insertList(String statementId, List<Object> records) {
  for (Object record : records) {
    sqlMap.insert(statementId, record);
  }
}

The question is - how do you want to handle transactions?  Is it all
one transaction, or is it individual transactions?  This is a user
decision - not a decision iBATIS should make for you.

So, my opinion is that we should not do this in iBATIS.  iBATIS wraps
JDBC and SQL, this would be more of an application level thing.

Jeff Butler