ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <larry.mead...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get the generated key from insert with Oracle
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 14:55:37 GMT
On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Chris O'Connell
<oconnell@gorillachicago.com> wrote:
> Thanks.  I had never heard this before.  Just to make sure we are talking
> about the same thing, I'm not concerned about the sequence returning the
> same value to two different people when the trigger is calling 'nextval'.

I can say this with a great deal of certainty: That will not happen.

I have used oracle for about 8 years, in a few pretty big systems, and
it's never happened, not even once.

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I'd bet a day's pay without hesitation. ;-)

Larry