ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Brian Parkinson" <pa...@avaning.com>
Subject Question about replication and such things
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 19:27:35 GMT
Hello:

Likely this is a little off-topic for this forum, but wondering if there
is anyone with some advice.

I'm using iBATIS with Spring Transations on MySQL 5.0.X and it's
completely great - all working fine.

Aside note - imho one issue that makes iBATIS (and Spring) so lovely to
use is that when errors occur, the stack traces contain the information
to easily pinpoint the issue - a really great unsung feature - kudos.

Anyways, enough gushing - question.

We're set up to run against one database, but wondering about
replication - is this solely an aspect of the database setup, or is it
possible to have iBATIS/Spring configured to talk to 2 databases
simultanously? I'm not a db person, so apologies if this is an extremely
dumb question.

Basically, I want my server to be able to continue if the database
server falls over, and unsure whether this is completely outside the
realm of the database/iBATIS/Spring config, or whether it can be done
within the server.

Many thanks, and apologies if this is not really an iBATIS question...

parki...