ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C3P0 configuration example for iBatis anyone?
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 04:12:22 GMT
>> SimpleDatasource exhibits an issue with pool.pingquery taking roughly
15min before a bad connection is deemed bad and removed from the pool, there
seems to be no reaper or evictor thread to test idle connections on a
regular basis as opposed to testing at checkout time. <<

This is not an issue, it is by design.  SimpleDataSource is a synchronous
connection pool.  It does not spawn threads for eviction or any other
reason.

Why do you care when the connection is removed from the pool?

Clinton