ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Harvey Kim" <cash...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: cacheModel
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 18:52:42 GMT
Interesting....  That is what I assumed.  But I was on occasion getting
outOfMemory error.  Taking out groupBy helped but it still hit
outOfMemory problem on occasion.  Just for kicks, I added LRU caching
with size of "1" and all my memory problems went away.  This goes back
to the RowHandler outOfMemory problem I've been whining about.  Anyway,
now I can run that thing for days and one specific scenario that always
created outOfMemory error disappeared.  Also, when I print out the
available memory, it is constant.  It no longer decreases with every
iteration.  And the only change is that I added the cacheModel-LRU with
size of 1.  I can finally rip that ugly JDBC code and go back to
ibatis!!!  What a relief!   But I no longer have outOfMemory problem.
In short => eliminate groupBy and add cacheModel LRU with size of 1 =
smooth sailing.  Just something to ponder.

thanks much...

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html