ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher.Mathru...@sybase.com
Subject Re: iBatis-362 - Caching broken for stored procs
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:33:45 GMT
Caching regular results is all that I am interested in. So does this
currently work?

I have the following defined:

  <cacheModel id="SupportPlanCache" type="LRU" readOnly="true" serialize=
"true">
    <flushInterval hours="24"/>
    <property  name="size"  value="1000"/>
  </cacheModel>

And here is where I use it:
  <procedure id="listSupportPlans" parameterClass="java.util.Map"
resultMap="SupportPlanResult" cacheModel="SupportPlanCache">

So am I to understand that this is all I should need for it to work with a
procedure?

Thanks for the help Clinton...

"Clinton Begin" <clinton.begin@gmail.com>
04/22/2008 02:09 PM
Please respond to
user-java@ibatis.apache.org

user-java@ibatis.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: iBatis-362 - Caching broken for stored procs

The bug is actually invalid.  The reason it "worked" in 2.1.5 is that
procs weren't cached at all.  In 2.2.0+ proc statements were cached, but
there's no way to cache output parameters, as you're passing the object in
(so we can't cache it).  We could build something in to mock the parameter
object and hold the out params, but that's nontrivial.  So for now, no,
there is no way to cache output parameters.  You can cache regular results
from a proc of course, just not the OUT params...

Clinton

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Jason Bennett <Jason.Bennett@3nonline.com
> wrote:
I ran across this bug today, and was surprised that there hasn't been any
discussion. As far as I can tell, iBatis caching does not work for stored
procedure return values ? you always get a null (or empty) value out of
the cache.
Has anyone else experienced this (or not), and found a workaround?
                        jason