ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>
Subject [ABATOR]: Question and feedback
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 04:05:34 GMT
I used Abator for the time last week on a small project that I was trying to
get out the door in hurry.

First impressions are great, it helped me the base code  out in no time flat
and allowed me to focus on the stuff that needed it. This is a great tool
Jeff.

I have a couple of questions / suggestions:

1. Is there any way of easily changing the code templates to modify the
generated code? Not only the java code, but things like the sqlmap xml
files.
2. Can I manually specify foreign key relationships? I couldn¹t find any
information about this, but it would be great if I could specify any
relationships and their type (eg 1:1, 1:n ) which would allow abator to
generate some boilerplate code.
3. Related to the previous point I¹d like to be able to specify an alias for
a table (eg Table Users as U) and then the associated ByExample model would
use that alias in the generated code (eg where U.name = Œx¹). The big
advantage will be extending the ByExample  to easily cater to foreign key
relationships

I don¹t want to come across as the sort of person who¹s complaining about
the lack of features in an OS product. I think it¹s great and I¹d love to
help where I can. I didn¹t want to charge off making changes without getting
a feel for what the roadmap for abator is and what others are already doing.

Is there a contributors guide to the code? It would be nice to have an
overview of what¹s happening where.

Z.