ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher Lamey <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject Re: groupby x out of memory
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:41:19 GMT
On 4/11/08 1:32 PM, "Nathan Maves" <nathan.maves@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have seen a few posts about using RowHandlers in the past few
> months.
Though I have not tried it with the optional groupBy attribute I
> can
definitively say that I have processed millions of row through a row
> handler
and my application never user more the 10mg of memory.

Same here - up to 30M rows using RowHandlers in several different
applications (Swing, webapp, standalone data crunching), no memory issues in
iBATIS.  You have to be careful about what you keep around in your own code,
but iBATIS has never been a problem for me.

Cheers,
topher