ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Chris Marshall" <ch...@campsbayterrace.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS insert does not execute
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:29:16 GMT
Sorry to bug you again but I think that the problem is related to
passing a null primary key in the insert statement when the key is
autogenerated (by MySQL).
What is the best practice here?  I have tried the following MySQL
specific SqlMap snippet with success, but was hoping for a solution
portable among databases:

  <insert id="insert" parameterClass="net.mycompany.Role">
	  <selectKey resultClass="java.lang.Integer" keyProperty="roleid">
		select LAST_INSERT_ID() AS value
	  </selectKey>
    insert into role (RoleID, ParentID, Name, Notes)
    values (#roleid:INTEGER#, #parentid:INTEGER#, #name:VARCHAR#,
#notes:VARCHAR#)
  </insert>

Thanks Chris