ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Carlos de Luna Saenz <cdelunasa...@yahoo.com.mx>
Subject Re: groupby x out of memory
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 19:27:29 GMT
It seems like there is not enough data in your mail...
what data base are you accessing? how are you dealing with it (DataSource is JDBC or via the
App Server) your class is keeping the data for any reason (maybe in a session or application
bean)? what's the App Server?
etc, etc... if i were you i should look all that kind of variables and monitor with a profiler
to see if there's somehint wrong with the query, the server, the managed memory, or all of
the above.
Greetings
Carlos de Luna

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Fernando Simonetti <fernando@cosipa.com.br>
Para: "user-java@ibatis.apache.org" <user-java@ibatis.apache.org>
Enviado: martes, 8 de abril, 2008 7:51:26
Asunto: groupby x out of memory

Eventually my aplication server is going down by "Out of Memory". Analizing
de heap dumping, it's point for the same class allocating 600 Mb.

This event can occur 3 hours or 3 days after I restart my server. This class
is used thounsands times in the period. Monitoring the memory of the server,
I could see 300MB to 700MB of memory been allocated in  3 minutes. It hapens
eventualy but not in a determined period.

The unique diference for this class for others, is the groupby clause in
Ibatis. First I thouth it could be a cartesian product, but I ran the query
without parameters and found nothing.

I going to implement this class without groupby clause, but first I would
like to see if there are other options.

thanks,
Fernando

http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/