ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Darren Davison <dar...@davisononline.org>
Subject Re: stored proc call with list items in parameter
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:20:09 GMT
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 08:48:36AM -0500, Brandon Goodin wrote:
>    We've looked into this in the past and for whatever reason haven't added
>    this feature. I think there were some difficulties. There is currently not
>    a way to refer to a particular index of a list in a parameter using
>    notation. You could flatten your parameters into a Map  and then pass the
>    map in as a parameter object. Please let me know if this is suitable for
>    your situation. If not, please expound on why it will not work for you.

hi Brandon, thanks for the reply.

Using the domain instance "as-is" is obviously more convenient than
putting them all in a map - especially when some of those objects are
quite complex and the SP needs various bits from several related
objects.

We do have a workaround, but we just wondered whether we were missing
something in the object access notation.

Out of interest, what was the difficulty you encountered?  Are you using
OGNL (or if not, did you try it)?

Cheers!

--
Darren Davison