ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Vannel <vadrie...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Transaction Performance Issue
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 02:33:26 GMT

your 2nd scenario fits my situation alot more. synchronous process. what
happens is that i have a client machine listening to changes within the db
and updates the client realtime. as an admin, i was sending in sample data
into the db via my own terminal. sometimes happens that the client gets, for
example, a popup saying new data has been entered (notification is sent when
admin gets a return from db). however, the update is not displayed on the
client side until a few seconds later. i was wondering about the db caching
the SQL and the result as well, but i was wondering if iBATIS had anything
to do with the process. would i be mistaken if i assumed the whole SqlMap
gets executed and returned as 1 entity? or does iBATIS break up each SQL
statement in the SqlMap and handle each SQL individually?

---

<sqlmap ...>
select field1 from table1 where field2 = value2
update table1 set field3 = #value3# where field1 = value1
</sqlmap>

int confirm = update(...)

---

in the above situation, would there be a return from the select statement
AND another return from the update statement? or, would there only be 1
return after the whole sqlmap has been completed?