ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Vannel <vadrie...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Transaction Performance Issue
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 01:17:42 GMT

the problem lies in the fact that my program cannot afford to have a
"pending" stage. changes made have to be instantly visible to the user. in
fact, the user is not at fault since he could say, update his home address,
then click on the update button and then immediately go to the page where he
is able to view the updated details. the flow there is not wrong. but
somewhere in between there seems to be a slight problem. i actually got a
return from the database, which brings me to think the SQL has been
successfully run. however, it seems like when i get the return, the actual
data in the db has not been updated/commited, which i find wierd. i have
tried playing around with the transactionmanager in iBATIS as well, making
sure all SQLs are commited even if i was playing with CRUD statements only.
daoManager.commitTransaction() doesn't seem to solve my problem either after
some extensive testing.

anyway, if anyone else any suggestions, please do post. i think i might ask
on an Oracle forum instead and see what suggestions i get.