ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Alistair Young" <alistair.j.yo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transaction Performance Issue
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:53:46 GMT
On 11/04/2008, Vannel <vadriewyn@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Sorry about not being clear. Initially I was trying to give an example and in
>  the later post I decided to give a more accurate representation of my
>  program. I dont think I am using any form of caching unless it's on by
>  default. To be abit clearer, my client receives notification right after the
>  update(). However, the client is unable to see the updated information
>  immediately. Only after some delay of a few seconds will the client be able
>  to see the update.

Hi Vannel,

iBATIS caching has to be switched on manually in your SQL map
configuration, so I guess it's not likely to be that.

All I can think to suggest is to put some debug code into your
application so that you can see when the database update has been made
(i.e. after the call to the update() function, but before you notify
the client), and when the client is requesting the data (i.e. in your
'get' method).  The only thing that really makes sense is if your
client is requesting the data before the update() has finished - i.e.
before the notification has been issued.

So, I don't think that the problem is with iBATIS - but perhaps with
the general flow in your application?  If you want to rule out iBATIS
to your own satisfaction, you could try issuing SQL statements
directly - then it will be absolutely clear what is happening when.

Alistair.