ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jason Bennett" <Jason.Benn...@3nonline.com>
Subject RE: iBatis-362 - Caching broken for stored procs
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:47:14 GMT
Thanks for the response, Clint.

I'm a little confused about the difference between regular results and
OUT results. I assume the return result of a stored function is always
an OUT parameter.

My current fix is to use LRUMap from commons-collections, but what I'd
really like is manual access to the iBatis cache, so that I can use the
flush interval and other features. Could a fix for this be to expose the
cache through the sqlmap interface?

                                    jason

________________________________

From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:10 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: iBatis-362 - Caching broken for stored procs

The bug is actually invalid.  The reason it "worked" in 2.1.5 is that
procs weren't cached at all.  In 2.2.0+ proc statements were cached, but
there's no way to cache output parameters, as you're passing the object
in (so we can't cache it).  We could build something in to mock the
parameter object and hold the out params, but that's nontrivial.  So for
now, no, there is no way to cache output parameters.  You can cache
regular results from a proc of course, just not the OUT params...

Clinton

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Jason Bennett