ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS for swing application
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 01:12:51 GMT
Here's a way to use the generic DAOs built by Abator (I think this is the
easiest way to do it if you're not using Spring):

1. Use Abator to generate generic DAOs with the GENERIC-CI DAO generator
2. Write an SqlMapConfig.xml file listing all the SqlMap.xml files generated
by Abator (theres an example in the Abator documentation)
3. Write a Singleton factory for DAOs the DAOs:

public class DAOFactory {

  private static DAOFactory instance = new DAOFactory();
  public static DAOFactory getInstance() {
    return instance;
  }

  private SqlMapClient sqlMap;
  private MyDao myDao;

  private DAOFactory () {
    String resource = "com/mycompany/SqlMapConfig.xml";
    Reader reader = Resources.getResourceAsReader(resource);
    sqlMap = SqlMapClientBuilder.buildSqlMap(reader);
  }

  public MyDao getMyDao() {
    if (myDao == null) {
      myDao = new MyDaoImpl(sqlMap);
    }
    return myDao;
  }
}

You can repeat the MyDao method for every DAO generated by Abator.

3. Use this factory anywhere in your Swing app like this:

MyDao myDao = DAOFactory.getInstance().getMyDao();
myDao.insert(myObject);

etc.

Hope that helps -

Jeff Butler