ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Sundar Sankaranarayanan" <Sundar.Sankaranaraya...@phoenix.edu>
Subject RE: Re: Question about queryForList and Oracle ref cursors
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:03:32 GMT
Jesse,
           I don't think the query for list makes much of an impact in
calling stored procedures. U will have to do a
inputMap.get("resultParameter) to get the output. The surprising thing
is the map is loaded, if you call queryForList or update or any of the
methods. I really dont think you can do anything to return the result
directly. The output will be null if you did that.

One more reason why I feel that this has been implemented this way is
there can be multiple out parameters from the procedure.

If I am not wrong, this is mentioned in either the spring reference or
the ibatis document pdf's

Regards
Sundar

________________________________

From: Jesse Reimann [mailto:jreimann@ctigroup.com]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 2:51 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Re: Question about queryForList and Oracle ref cursors

Ryan I guess you didn't read my original post. I tried both the Hashmap
method of queryForList and the way you suggested. The only way I can
actually get a populated List back is using the HashMap. If I do it this
way :

return
getSqlMapClientTemplate().queryForList("TEST_TESTPROC.GET_CDDRPT");

The resulting List contains 10 elements which are all NULL. Using the
Hashmap method I get the proper List with all my records.

Jesse