ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher Lamey <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject Re: Retrieve the SQL statement being executed
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 04:31:40 GMT
I'm not sure why a RowHandler wouldn't fit your needs.  It basically is a
callback that gets invoked on each row returned from the query.  Only one
resultant row is mapped at a time, so the memory usage is very small.  The
result does get mapped into an object, but the overhead is minimal - and you
can map it to a java.util.Map if you want it to look more like a ResultSet.

The amount of effort to get a RowHandler working for you compared to the
effort of getting at iBATIS' generated SQL without actually using the SqlMap
to execute the query doesn't seem close.

But then, I could be misunderstanding your situation...