ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ricky Murphy <rickytrs...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Retrieve the SQL statement being executed
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 02:44:51 GMT
Thank you for your reply. Well, I have no problem doing log activity. let me elaborate what
I want to do. I have a SQLMap file which contains all my SQLs maps related to the same domain.
In one case, I need to use ResultSet directly and not need iBatis. However, I want to keep
all domain related SQLs in the same place.    In iBatis, it seems there is no decent way to
handle this (RowHandler seems to get the result up in memory (i,e, after data is obtained,
the db connection is closed) first, then I can treat each row as a object. I don't want to
go that extra step. To work with each row in ResultSet seemed to be efficient to me without
extra steps. This is the only SQL that does not need iBatis. However, in order to keep all
SQL maps that tackle the same domain of problems together, I want to put this special SQL
together with sqlMaps together in the same XML file. Because this, I want sqlMapClient to
somehow read the SQL and then in my code retrieve the SQL and execute it with Spring jdbcTemplate
to get my resultSet. I hope that I explained clearly.

iBatis has a session scope, and requestScope objects that seem to be OK to get the SQL statement.
however, they are protect method and not open to public. Therefore, I am trying to see if
there is any way to get that SQL before it is executed.

-Rick

From: nathan.maves@gmail.com
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Retrieve the SQL statement being executed
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 07:33:38 -0700

Please take a look at the logging section in one of the following 3 places...The websiteThe
developers guideThe book

Sent from my iPhone
On Mar 8, 2008, at 5:55 AM, Ricky Murphy <rickytrsbin@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello:

I am using Spring 2 together with iBatis 2.2. I need in my program to retrieve the SQL statement
being executed from the SqlMap.

Spring's SqlMapClientDaoSupport class has getSqlMapClient() ,which gives com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.SqlMapClient
as a result object, from there on, I started searching thru all related the iBatis classes,
haven't found one method that will return the SQL statement being executed. Please advise.

Thank you.

-Rick

Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Get it n