ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Chris McMahon <cochran...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: iBATIS Batching with Spring DAO
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:52:31 GMT
It's interesting that they use that as an example, because that wouldn't even really do a batch.
 In recent discussions, it was shown that iBATIS only batches the same statements.  "insertAccount"
and "insertAddress" would likely not be the same SQL statement, so they would each be in their
own batch.

Subject: RE: iBATIS Batching with Spring DAO
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:41:19 -0700
From: Sundar.Sankaranarayanan@phoenix.edu
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org

Did u check Spring-reference.pdf. The batching of Ibatis
has been explained in page 296.

public class SqlMapAccountDao extends SqlMapClientDaoSupport
implements AccountDao {
public void insertAccount(Account account) throws
DataAccessException {
getSqlMapClientTemplate().execute(new SqlMapClientCallback() {
public Object doInSqlMapClient(SqlMapExecutor executor) throws
SQLException {
executor.startBatch();
executor.update("insertAccount", account);
executor.update("insertAddress", account.getAddress());
executor.executeBatch();
}
});
}