ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jesse Reimann" <jreim...@ctigroup.com>
Subject Question about queryForList and Oracle ref cursors
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:43:00 GMT
I've successfully been able to use iBATIS to retrieve and map data from
an Oracle ref cursor using the examples posted on the Wiki. I do have a
questions about queryForList(string) method.

I can retrieve my List successfully if my dao code looks like this:

    public List <CallDataDetail> selectCDDRpt()

    {

      Map myMap = new HashMap();

getSqlMapClientTemplate().queryForList("TEST_TESTPROC.GET_CDDRPT",myMap)
;

      return (List <CallDataDetail>)myMap.get("rs1");

    }

However if I try to get the List this way it returns a List with 10
elements which are all NULL:

    public List <CallDataDetail> selectCDDRpt()

    {

      return
getSqlMapClientTemplate().queryForList("TEST_TESTPROC.GET_CDDRPT");

    }

My parameter map and procedure call looks as follows:

    <parameterMap id="single-rs" class="map" >

        <parameter property="rs1" javaType="java.sql.ResultSet"
jdbcType="ORACLECURSOR" mode="OUT" resultMap="CallDataDetailResult"/>

    </parameterMap>

    <procedure id="GET_CDDRPT" parameterMap="single-rs" >

         { ? = call RPTS_PCK.GET_CDDRPT }

    </procedure>

Can anyone shed some light on why this is? Is there are way I can change
my parameter settings to have queryForList return a List directly when
calling a ref cursor?

Thanks,

Jesse Reimann