ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Stephen Boyd" <swb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Websphere and iBatis Configuration
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2008 23:39:55 GMT
I *think* Webpshere 6.x will call rollback on the connection if you return
it to the pool without calling commit or rollback yourself.  (Check your
SystemOut.log for warnings)  Also, I remember looking into this six months
ago and found that when you call setAutoCommit(true), for example, before
returning the connection to the pool, websphere's connection wrapper will
issue a commit.  Very nice of them, right?

Typically, most people will recommend running everything inside a
transaction, even reads.  Seems expensive but apparently, databases like db2
assign "claims" to system resources during a read and they can only be freed
by calling commit or rollback.

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 7:21 AM, Tom Henricksen <tom.henricksen@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We are setting up our application to use Websphere's JDBC connection.  When we setup
this in Websphere in version 5.1 we needed to add the