ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Chris Lamey" <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject RE: select * causing " OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:24:33 GMT
What is you JVM heap size set to and how much data is returned by select * from table?

If you're trying to pull back 1G worth of data into a JVM with a heap size set to 64M, you
will hit the heap limit pretty quick.

-----Original Message-----
From: nch [mailto:underscore_dot@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thu 3/13/2008 8:03 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: select * causing " OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"

Hi, everybody.
I'm testing the Compass search engine and, in particular, how to index a big set of documents
from a table in a MySQL database. In order to do this I issue a "select * from table_name"
using iBatis, but this seems to be causing the application to use all heap space available.
I added a new entry into Compass user forum with details:
http://forum.compass-project.org/thread.jspa?threadID=215278

Can you figure out why is this happening?

Many thanks