ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Ryan Shelley" <12gaugeme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Question about queryForList and Oracle ref cursors
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:38:18 GMT
For reference:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/How+do+I+call+a+stored+procedure

Under: What SqlMapClient Method Should I Use?
If your procedure returns a result set (not a result set in an OUT
parameter, but a result set from the procedure itself), then use *
queryForList()* or *queryForObject()*. Use queryForList() if you expect more
than one result object, or queryForObject() if you expect only one result
Object.
If your procedure does not return result sets, or only returns result sets
in OUT parameters, then use the *update()* method.

-Ryan

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Ryan Shelley <12gaugemedia@gmail.com>
wrote:

> In the one you had, you were creating an empty HashMap, executing the
> queryForList method passing in the empty HashMap, and then converting the
> still empty HashMap to a list and returning that to your method.
> queryForList doesn't take an object parameter to store the results in, it
> takes an object parameter to pass variables into your queries.  The return
> value of queryForList is a List of your ResultMapped Models.
>
> -Ryan
>

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Jesse Reimann <jreimann@ctigroup.com>
> wrote:
>
> >  Ryan that's exactly what I did that wouldn't work. It returns to me a List that
has 10 elements all which are NULL.