ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From dimitriBarzagli <dimitri_barza...@virgilio.it>
Subject Problem Timestamp insert and retriev
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:00:00 GMT

Hi,

I'm developing a web application by IBatis framework to manage database. I
have a problem about insert and retrieve Timestamp value.
I use Mysql 5.0 for database and I create a table USER with TIMESTAMP type
for the DATE_OF_BIRD element. I create Java Bean User with dateOfBird member
by java.sql.Timestamp.
When I try to insert a new User by the IBatis insert() method the value in
the database is always 0000-00-00 00:00, but I would it's different value.
When I try a retrieve by queryForObject() method, the value for dateOfBird
in UserBean is null.
Below my user.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!DOCTYPE sqlMap
    PUBLIC "-//ibatis.apache.org//DTD SQL Map 2.0//EN"
    "http://ibatis.apache.org/dtd/sql-map-2.dtd">

<sqlMap namespace="User">

  <!-- Select with no parameters using the result map for Account class. -->
  <select id="selectUser" resultClass="User">
		SELECT U.ID_UTENTE as idUtente,
			   U.USERID as userId,
			   U.PASSWORD as password,
			   U.COGNOME as cognome,
			   U.NOME as nome,
		       U.DATE_OF_BIRD as dateOfBird,
		       U.PRIMA_PASSWORD as firstPassword,
		       U.ID_PROFILO as idProfile,
		       U.EMAIL as email,
		       U.USER_ACTIVE as userActive
		FROM USER U
		WHERE ID_UTENTE = #value#
  </select>
  <update id="insertUser" parameterClass="User">
  	INSERT INTO USER (USERID, PASSWORD, COGNOME, NOME, DATE_OF_BIRD,
PRIMA_PASSWORD, ID_PROFILO, EMAIL, USER_ACTIVE)
  	VALUES (#userId#, #password#, #cognome#, #nome#, #dateOfBird#,
#firstPassword#, #idProfile#, #email#, 'Y');
  </update>
</sqlMap>

Someone can I help me?

Thank you.