ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Suhaib <suhaib_tawal...@hotmail.com>
Subject Passing date as string to IBATIS.
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2008 07:50:10 GMT

Hi all ,
I am using  IBATIS  2.3.0 and oracle 10g.

I have passed a date as string to select statments using IBATIS , the date
format is dd Mon yy ,ex. 12 Mar 007, using IBATIS , there is no result
return back from DB , but when i use any sql client I get the result from
DB.

SQL statement in IBATIS :
The hireDate is String

SELECT 	name, id from employee
where to_char(HIRE_DATE ,'dd Mon yy' ) = to_char(#hireDate#)

SQL statement in SQL client:
SELECT 	name, id from employee
where
  to_char(HIRE_DATE ,'dd Mon yy' ) = '12 Mar 07'

OR

SELECT 	name, id from employee
where
  to_char(HIRE_DATE ,'dd Mon yy' ) = to_char ( to_date,'12 Mar 07','dd Mon
yy'),'dd Mon yy')

regards
Suhaib