ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jason Bennett" <Jason.Benn...@3nonline.com>
Subject RE: Re: Question about queryForList and Oracle ref cursors
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 01:13:08 GMT
One problem I had in this scenario is when I pass parameters to the
function, and expect a cursor back. I had to map the returning
parameter, since I had mapped all the in parameters. This prevented me
from using queryForList() as I wanted to. Am I doing anything wrong, or
does passing parameters to the SP force me to use the update() method?

                        jason

________________________________

From: Ryan Shelley [mailto:12gaugemedia@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 2:38 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Re: Question about queryForList and Oracle ref cursors

For reference:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/How+do+I+c
all+a+stored+procedure

Under: What SqlMapClient Method Should I Use?
If your procedure returns a result set (not a result set in an OUT
parameter, but a result set from the procedure itself), then use
queryForList() or queryForObject(). Use queryForList() if you expect
more than one result object, or queryForObject() if you expect only one
result Object.
If your procedure does not return result sets, or only returns result
sets in OUT parameters, then use the update() method.

-Ryan

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Ryan Shelley <12gaugemedia@gmail.com>