ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jason Kratz" <jason.kr...@firm58.com>
Subject RE: iBATIS for swing application
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 02:09:18 GMT
I'd have to agree. I'm not sure how using Spring DAO would be any more
overkill than iBATIS itself.  It actually isn't adding that much over the
top.  Far as time goes getting your application to use Spring is minimal.
It just isn't that hard.    Maybe you don't have a need for any of the other
services but if you do then you should use it.  You get a lot of power
there.

Jason

From: Ryan Shelley [mailto:12gaugemedia@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 6:56 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: iBATIS for swing application

This is outside the scope of the iBATIS discussion, but why wouldn't you
consider using Spring for your application?  I've written several
non-web-based apps using Spring and can say it simplified the development
and configuration of the app, plus, it gives you intrinsic access to a ton
of resources, such as iBATIS, out-of-the-box.  Unless you've already started
heavy development without Spring, it wouldn't be a terrible effort to add
it.

-Ryan

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 11:09 AM, pieter.baele@pandora.be