ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Tracey Annison" <tanni...@trisystems.co.uk>
Subject RE: Data type mismatch with queryForObject, on String property with String value!
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:42:19 GMT
Heya

Thanks for that! It could be a problem for me setting it on the JDBC driver, though, as this
is   perfectly OK for most of the AS/400 files - there's just a couple that have this different
CCSID. Looks like I'd ned to configure it in iBatis, per file, which I don't see any info
about so far...

Cheers
Tracey Annison

-----Original Message-----
From: j-lists [mailto:jamisonlists@gmail.com]
Sent: 19 February 2008 09:10
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Data type mismatch with queryForObject, on String property with String value!

I have encountered something similar to this before and I think there were 2 elements to the
solution. The first was that the system default CCSID on the AS/400 was not set and I believe
the second was that we could set a jdbc driver property in the toolkit driver to override
it
- or something like that. That's all I remember (beyond the fact that IBM themselves had no
answer for us, we flailed around for 4 days before we figured it out through dumb luck).
Thankfully I don't have to work with AS/400s anymore.