ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Chris McMahon <cochran...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: iBATIS and Batch
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:43:21 GMT
We use the batch functionality frequently.  How is iBATIS determining what is homogeneous and
what is heterogeneous?  We have a mix of both straight SQL updates and prepared statement
updates.

From: clinton.begin@gmail.com
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: RE: iBATIS and Batch
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:58:43 -0700

Unfortunately no... that’s possibly something we can
consider for future versions.

The challenge is that some people have the exact opposite
problem.  They need the statements to maintain the order of
execution.  When initially deciding who to help, I decided that preserving
the order of execution was more important than performance.  I also
assumed that if you’re using a mixed order of heterogeneous statements,
you could probably find a way to order them by type and send them through to
make the most of batching.  Whereas the opposite wouldn’t be true,
as if I always just reordered the statements for the sake of performance –
there would be no way back.   I suppose we could support it as an
option, but before that I have to ask:

Can you reorder your statements?  If not, why not?

Clinton