ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Eric Floehr" <Eric.Flo...@3x.com>
Subject Ibatis throttle - possible deadlock (ibatis 2.2, 2.3)
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 15:46:32 GMT
All,

I wanted to let you know my experience with this issue.  We saw the same
issues and deadlocks that others have reported, especially under heavy
loads.

As Clinton suggested, we looked to verify we were using the proper
transaction pattern (start, commit, end) in the right
try...catch...finally blocks.  It was there that we noticed within the
transaction block a bit of code that took a lot of time to run and did
not need to be in the transaction block.  Removing that code to outside
the transaction and thus tightening up the transaction block really
helped.  Just FYI in case anyone else is seeing this issue.

Regards,

Eric