ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <n.beek...@wis.nl>
Subject RE: Undefined Column Name Exception in Implicit Map
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:43:57 GMT
I think that this affects the aliasing of columns, which would be bad
IMHO. But the javadoc of getColumnLabel says:

"Gets the designated column's suggested title for use in printouts and
displays."

This would mean that it's perfectly valid to call getColumnName, maybe
someone with more JDBC spec knowledge can comment on this.

Niels

________________________________

From: Rikki Bindra [mailto:rikki.bindra@tcs.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 12:04 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Undefined Column Name Exception in Implicit Map

Hi,

I am using the jt400.jar as the JDBC Driver for accessing data from DB2
database on AS400. The problem is that I want to use implicit resultmap
like

<select id="getProductCount" resultClass="java.util.HashMap">
select * from PRODUCT
</select>

However, the problem is that while populating the HashMap, I have
noticed that the class
"com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.result.AutoResultMap" uses method
getColumnLabel() on ResultSetMetaData
My JDBC driver returns the label of the column (containing spaces and
which is different than the column name in database). Now the code fails
reporting the exception that "Invalid Column Name" has been specified.
The problem is in the class
"com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.result.AutoResultMap" as it should be
calling getColumnName() instead of getColumnLabel() on ResultSetMetaData
to get the names of the columns.

Please look this ASAP and confirm if changing the method call from
getColumnLabel() to getColumnName(), can affect in what manner.. I have
tried this and it works for me. However, I want to know the unknown
implications that it might have.

Thanks & Regards,
Rikki Bindra
Tata Consultancy Services
C - 56, Phase 2
Dist. Gautam Budh Nagar
Noida - 201305,Uttar Pradesh
India
Mailto: rikki.bindra@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.        IT Services
                       Business Solutions
                       Outsourcing

and any attachments. Thank you