ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: iBATIS and Batch
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:31:28 GMT
>> So you group things together by table?

iBATIS doesn't know what a table is.  It groups them by (Prepared) SQL
Statement.

>> Does the JDBC driver not let you batch update across tables without
changing the order?

The batching features of JDBC are at the statement level.  We maintain the
order of the statements, but otherwise it's exactly how the JDBC
documentation describes - which is quite vague and more up to the JDBC
driver than anything.

I believe it's as efficient as it can be, without losing the order of the
statements.

Clinton