ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: iBATIS and Batch
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:58:43 GMT
Unfortunately no... that's possibly something we can consider for future
versions.

The challenge is that some people have the exact opposite problem.  They
need the statements to maintain the order of execution.  When initially
deciding who to help, I decided that preserving the order of execution was
more important than performance.  I also assumed that if you're using a
mixed order of heterogeneous statements, you could probably find a way to
order them by type and send them through to make the most of batching.
Whereas the opposite wouldn't be true, as if I always just reordered the
statements for the sake of performance - there would be no way back.   I
suppose we could support it as an option, but before that I have to ask:

Can you reorder your statements?  If not, why not?

Clinton