ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Serge Sozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com>
Subject Re: Ibatis caching Empty ResultSet
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2008 08:25:19 GMT
Hi Nathan and Jeff,

> The real question is why are you not clearing the cache on the insert
> statement?
I don't see why I would clear the cache for an insert statement. As far
as I am concerned an inserted record shouldn't already be in the cache
before its been inserted.

> caches are generally agnostic about the content of the cache.
Agreed, the cache can be agnostic about its content but then the real
question is why is iBatis inserting an empty result set into the cache
in the first place.

> This would solve your issue and ensure that your cache is always in a
> "clean" state.  I know you claim that this "makes no sense" but it
> does :) As long as you are issues more then one select between inserts
> which is normally the case.
Yes I know that will fix the problem but its totally stupid to flush the
entire cache upon insert of a new record.

Thanks,
Serge