ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From kiran vuppla <kirankumar_vup...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Nested Select Statement or Nested Select Elements
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:23:53 GMT
Thanks for the info. I have seen the tutorial but I havent found it as I assume it might not
documented regarding the nested select elements. I knew how to write the nested select query.
I would like to know is it same or different in writing a nested select statement in IBatis
config file that we write in Oracle toad  or store procedures.

  Thanks
  KV

Larry Meadors <lmeadors@apache.org> wrote:
  Please don't ask the people on the list to write "hello world" for
you, it's incredibly disrespectful to assume that their time is best
spent teaching you things that are already freely available.

Go to www.google.com and enter "ibatis java tutorial" (or click here
-> http://www.google.com/search?q=ibatis+java+tutorial <-). You'll get
literally thousands of hits. Pick a couple and work through them.

Once you've put in a couple of hours (or days), and you're really
struggling with something, come on back and ask. We're a pretty
helpful bunch most of the time.

Larry

On Feb 10, 2008 3:25 PM, kiran vuppla wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to IBatis and am in learning curve stage. I would like to know
> how to write a nested select statement in the IBatis SqlMapConfig file.
>
> My nested Oracle Select Statement:
>
> select *
> from table1
> where val1 in (
> select val from /* Self Join */
> table2 a, table2 b
> where a.val = b.val
>
> and b.id = id
> and a.id != id;
> )
>

> I would like to know how to write a nested  element in IBatis in the> config file.>>
Thanks,> KV>>>> kiran vuppla  wrote:>>>>> Hi,> I am new to
IBatis and am in learning curve stage. I would like to know> how to write a nested select
statement in the IBatis SqlMapConfig file.>> My nested Oracle Select Statement:>>
select *> from table1> where val1 in (> select val2 from /* Self Join */> table2
a, table2 b> where a.id = b.id> and a.val = b.val> and b.id = id> and a.id !=