ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Fearghal O Maolcatha" <fearghal.omaolca...@gmail.com>
Subject Changing datasource at runtime
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:57:52 GMT
Hi,

Our project is currently using Ibatis and the Ibatis DAOs. We plan to
migrate the Ibatis DAOs to Spring DAOs, which seems straightforward enough.
However we have a new requirement that will necessitate the changing of the
datasource at runtime. Our application has the notion of projects, with each
new project created by the user requiring a new database (same DB schema for
all projects). Any new work within the project will be saved to the newly
created database. The user can close a project and open an existing one,
which would require the datasource to be changed. I've had a look at a
http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg08475.html which
addresses a similar issue but the suggested implementation (wrapping the
datasource being injected into the SqlMapClient) would have implications for
the Ibatis cache from what I've read previously. We currently don't use the
Ibatis cache but might have to for performance reasons in the future.

Any suggestions on how to proceed with this would be welcome.

Regards,
Fearghal.