ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Sundar Sankar" <fatboys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to handle rowtype in parameter when calling a stored procedure
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:17:21 GMT
 I am new to accessing stored procs as such. I don't know how I would do it
JDBC. I had an example with Springs jdbcTemplate where my jdbcType was
ARRAY. But no matter what I give the type as(ARRAY, OBJECT, CURSOR) ibatis
was throwing me an UncatergorizedSQLException or a NullPointer exception and
asked me to check the mapping for the property. I had tried having a
resultMap too mapping,  an object where each of the columns where mapped to
properties. I also made sure in the unit test that none of the properties
were Null.

Still I am getting this error.

My Mapping file is something like this

<parameterMap id="saveOrUpdateCoursesParam" class="map">
        <parameter  property="p_property" jdbcType="OTHER"  javaType="
com.model.modelClass"
            mode="IN"/>
        <parameter property="p_prop2" jdbcType="NUMBER"
            javaType="java.lang.Long" mode="IN" />
    </parameterMap>

    <procedure id="proc"
        parameterMap="procParam">
        {call
        theProc(?,?)}
    </procedure>

    <resultMap
        class="com.model.modelClass"
        id="transcriptActivity">
        <result
.
.
.
.
.
    </resultMap>

I have tried changing the parameterMap to various formats where the jdbcType
have been all that I have mentioned and have also tried including the
resultMap as as the map below. In my unit test, I set in values to all the
properties explicitly, leaving nothing null.

Regards
Sundar Sankarnarayanan