ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Hugh Ross" <hh4r...@gmail.com>
Subject deep (and wide) inheritance model
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 01:42:22 GMT
I have the good fortune to work on a large domain model, part of which uses
too much inheritance.  I don't want to use a huge outer join with 15 or 20
tables in it.  I'm wondering if I can use RowHandlers to help.  In
particular, is it possible for a RowHandler to replace the object passed to
the handleRow method?

E.g.,
**
*public void handleRow (Object valueObject)
   throws SQLException {
   Person person = (Person) valueObject;
   valueObject = MyFactory.createSubClassObject( person );*
*}
*
Any other sample solutions to this kind of problem are also most welcome...
*
*