ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Hugh Ross" <hh4r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How get DB2Connection object from SqlMapClient?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:57:06 GMT
Well, reporting might be the wrong term.  More like Accounting.  Long
story.  Deserves separate thread.  Not really changing driver config,
either.  Just "client" information, that gets passed to the database server
with the SQL.  DBAs can see it in Traces; gets recorded in (database)
accounting records (e.g., SMF, then MXG, Mainframe stuff), etc.  As I said,
long story.

Example -- say you have data access services like GetCustomerInfo,
SearchForProduct, SaveABunchOfData, etc.  Each one of which does perhaps
dozens of SQL calls.  Tools like MXG can be used to accumulate the data, and
then you can use it to track performance over time, among other things...

 I don't know if Oracle or other vendors have similar things.

Hope that helps...