ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exit out of rowHandler
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:52:02 GMT
On Jan 29, 2008 4:34 PM, Harvey Kim <cashtag@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Anybody know how to gracefully exit out of "handleRow" method?  Before
> anybody suggests using "queryFor*" methods, I need to be able to query
> for potentially 12 million rows.  It's a straight download to an excel
> file so nothing is being displayed (thank god).  Anyway, I'm trying to
> exit out of "handleRow" method when the user clicks on the "cancel"
> button from the standard download dialogue box.

Hm, red flag there - I assume you're talking web app, but I don't
think the request is canceled when the user clicks on the cancel
button, it'll still going to run.

In any case, the only current way to cancel RH processing is to throw
an exception from the handleRow method. Not sexy, but it works. :-)

Larry