ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jasmin_Me...@nexweb.org
Subject How to pass Database connection dynamically
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 21:24:23 GMT
Hi,

I am using iBATIS 2.3.0. My SqlMapConfig.xml file looks like this

<transactionManager type="JDBC" commitRequired="false">
    <dataSource type="SIMPLE">
      <property name="JDBC.Driver"
value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
      <property name="JDBC.Class"
value="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource"/>
      <property name="JDBC.Location" value="jdbc/pool/OracleDS"/>
      <property name="JDBC.ConnectionURL"
value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@dbHost:dbPort:dbSid"/>
      <property name="JDBC.Username" value="user"/>
      <property name="JDBC.Password" value="test"/>
    </dataSource>
  </transactionManager>

Now, I have a requirement to pass the database connection information at
runtime. My project is Java Application and not a webproject, which runs
from command line. I want to provide database connection information from
command line, via some property file instead of hard coding in
SqlMapConfig.xml file.

At this point I do not have any DAO coded. Its plain iBATIS.

How can I do that?

Thanks
Jasmin
ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION
Our domain name is changing.  Please take note of the sender's
e-Mail address and make changes to your personal address list,
if needed.  Both domains will continue to work, only for a limited
time.
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or agency to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the Navy
Exchange Service Command e-mail administrator. This footnote
also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.

Thank You!