ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jasmin_Me...@nexweb.org
Subject How to configure Multiple datasource in SqlMapConfig.xml
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:48:48 GMT
Hi,

In my project, I have to connect to 2 totally different databases and run
separate queries. How can I define that in SqlMapConfig.xml. The iBATIS
config file does not allow multiple <transactionManager> or <dataSource>
element according to http://ibatis.apache.org/dtd/sql-map-config-2.dtd.

Also what and how would be property name known to iBATIS in that case.

I have my one of the datasource setup like :

 <properties resource="ResourceParams.properties"/>

  <transactionManager type="JDBC" commitRequired="false">
    <dataSource type="SIMPLE">
      <property name="JDBC.Driver" value="${driverName}"/>
      <property name="JDBC.ConnectionURL" value="${rmsJdbcUrl}"/>
      <property name="JDBC.Username" value="${rmsUserName}"/>
      <property name="JDBC.Password" value="${rmsPassword}"/>
      <property name="JDBC.Class"
value="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource"/>
      <property name="JDBC.Location" value="jdbc/pool/OracleDS"/>
      <property name="JDBC.DefaultAutoCommit" value="true" />
      <property name="Pool.MaximumActiveConnections" value="10"/>
      <property name="Pool.MaximumIdleConnections" value="5"/>
      <property name="Pool.MaximumCheckoutTime" value="120000"/>
      <property name="Pool.TimeToWait" value="500"/>
    </dataSource>
  </transactionManager>

Where ResourceParams.properties has

driverName=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

rmsJdbcUrl=jdbc:oracle:thin:@dbHost_1:dbPort_1:dbSid_1
rmsUserName=username_1
rmsPassword=pwd_1

otmJdbcUrl=jdbc:oracle:thin:@dbHost_2:dbPort_2:dbSid_2
otmdbUserName=username_1
otmdbPassword=pwd_1

How can I configure otmJdbcUrl,  otmdbUserName and otmdbPassword.

And there after how to I map <sqlMap> to each of them with separate
resources.

Thanks
Jasmin
ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION
Our domain name is changing.  Please take note of the sender's
e-Mail address and make changes to your personal address list,
if needed.  Both domains will continue to work, only for a limited
time.
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or agency to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the Navy
Exchange Service Command e-mail administrator. This footnote
also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.

Thank You!